"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings—

As we embark on this new journey with Clay, I cannot help thinking of the above quote from Lewis Carroll. Indeed, the time has come for us to address the issue of politics and political discussion on The Clayboard.

In the past, our policy, as defined in our Terms of Use (TOU), stated that there shall be no political discussion on The Clayboard.

Well, it seems that Clay had other thoughts in mind and he is dragging us, kicking and screaming, into a brave new world.

So, we have made some changes to The Clayboard’s Terms of Use and I will outline them here.

We will now allow some discussion of politics, as it relates to Clay – things he has said, things said in reply, feelings about Clay’s comment, etc.

We will not allow the discussions to wander into politics in general.  Posters are asked to confine their political discussion directly to issues involving and relating to Clay. Please also remember, and I can’t stress this enough, to RESPECT the opinions of your fellow board members. Obviously, we are not all going to agree on the very volatile subject of politics. But we can respect each other and the right of each of us to have our own opinion. When posting, please remember you are posting your own views and not necessarily those of others. So please avoid generalizations like ALL Republicans think this way or ALL Democrats feel that way. Please remember that when posting, tone means a lot. Respect and kindness go a long way! Before you click POST, stop a moment and re-read what you have written as if someone else had written it to see if it might be misinterpreted.

I realize that change is never easy and this change is a big one for us. But I believe if we work together we can weather this transition. And finally, please remember that we are a family! True, we are made up of a diverse group of people, but nonetheless, we are a family. Together we can make this work.

If you have any questions, please always feel free to PM me or one of the staff.

Last Edited By: mamarose10 02/06/14 8:58 AM. Edited 3 times.